Personal Data Protection Policy
We (Audio Visual Communications Ltd.) recognize that protecting personal data is a major component of our corporate social responsibility and essential in winning public trust toward our business activities. We manage personal data responsibly in compliance with legal requirements, including those in Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information and in other applicable laws and regulations.
- １．Collecting personal data
- We collect customers’ personal data through lawful and fair means, and within the extent necessary to conduct our business.
- ２．Purpose for using personal data
- We only use a customer’s personal data for specified a purpose agreed upon with the customer.
- ３．Managing personal information
- We develop a robust set of mechanisms, including guidelines and organizational frameworks, to govern the management and handling of customers’ personal data.
- ４．Prohibiting disclosures to third parties
- We refrain from disclosing personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances:
(1) A judicial authority lawfully requests the disclosure.
(2) We need to disclose the information to a subcontractor within the extent necessary to conduct business.
(3) The disclosure is necessary to safeguard a person’s life, physical health, or property, and we cannot promptly obtain the customer’s consent for the disclosure.
- ５．Entrusting personal data to a subcontractor
- Sometimes, we may need to disclose personal data to a subcontractor to accomplish the specified purpose (as mentioned in 2 above). In such cases, we will require the subcontractor to sign an agreement in which it commits to manage the personal data no less strictly than we would. We will also monitor whether the subcontractor is performing these obligations.
- ６．Ensuring data security
- We continually strive for a high level of data security to prevent data security incidents, such as incidents where personal data is leaked, lost, or modified.
- ７．Complying with customers’ requests to access or correct their personal data
- If a customer wants to access or correct his or her personal data, we will comply with the request within a reasonable timeframe and to a reasonable extent, after confirming that the person making the request is the principal of the data in question.
- ８．Reviewing and updating policy
- We observe Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws and regulations related to personal data protection, and we continually review and update our policy on personal data protection to ensure that it comports with the latest public standards and best practices.
Data Security Policy
We (Audio Visual Communications Ltd.) recognize that data security helps us win customer trust and is thus a vital part of business administration. We intend to fulfill our corporate social responsibility to protect customer data, and any other data we handle.
In an effort to keep data secure, we have established the following data security policy, which all executive and non-executive staff are required to understand and follow.
- We collect, store, use customer data with extreme diligence and respect.
- In using customer data, we respect and observe all applicable laws, contractual obligations, regulations, as well as the customer’s requests.
- We apply organizational safeguards, conduct risk assessments, and take all other measures necessary to ensure data security.
- We educate and train staff so that they recognize the importance of data security.
- We observe, in addition to this policy, regulations related to data security, and we regularly review how the policy is being introduced and implemented, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- We set data security targets and regularly review our performance as part of a sustained effort to promote data security.
June 1, 2016
Audio Visual Communications Ltd.
ISO 27001 certification
We obtained ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System) certification in October 2014.
|Organizations certified||Head Office, Event Division, System Sales Division, Shinonome Office, Osaka Branch, Nagoya Branch, SPiDER LIMITED|
|Services certified||AVC systems, equipment hire services and AVC systems, equipment sales and installation/production
Statement of Applicability 3.2
We (Audio Visual Communications Ltd.) aim to enhance audio-visual communication and communication in general in ways that precisely meet the individual needs of customers. As part of this effort, our staff strive to ensure that customers can use our services safely and with peace of mind.
We are expert communicators. It is by striving for better communication that we contribute to audio-visual culture and the information society. Today, audio-visual equipment and media are continuing to evolve, and society is growing increasingly digital. Against this backdrop, we will continue, as we have done since our foundation, to meet customer needs optimally with effective, economic, and creative audio-visual and computer network systems.
Our watchwords are “reliable, usable, and professional.” We aim to enhance audio-visual communication and communication in general in ways that precisely meet customers’ diversified needs. As part of this effort, our staff strive to ensure that customers can use our services safely and with peace of mind.
All of us at Audio Visual Communications share the same mindset on the environment, and we are united in our resolve to play our part in the “environmental century”--to work towards a brighter, greener future for all our children.
We believe that sustained efforts in this direction will enhance our reputation and customer loyalty, and thus enrich our corporate value.
- We observe legal and ethical requirements related to the environment. We also follow applicable environment-related regulations and comply with customer requests in relation to the environment.
- We strive to use resources and energy efficiently, cut the amount of waste we produce, conserve Earth’s limited resources, and protect the environment.
- We codify our environmental policy, ensure that employees understand and practice it, and publicly disclose the policy as requested.
- We regularly review the performance of our environmental management system, including this policy, and take corrective actions as necessary.
November 1, 2016
Audio Visual Communications Ltd.
ISO 14001 certification
We obtained ISO 14001 (Physical and Environmental Security) certification in October 2007.
|Organizations certified||Head Office, Event Division, System Sales Division, Shinonome Office, Osaka Branch, Nagoya Branch|
|Services certified||AVC systems, equipment hire services and AVC systems, equipment sales and event production|